The electronic cigarette industry is rapidly expanding and more and more smokers are making the switch each day. Most of them are very content and they even give up smoking for good thanks to these incredible devices but some are not too happy with their purchase and still think there’s nothing better than a regular cigarette. This is usually the case of heavy smokers that find many of the e-cigarettes on the market simply too weak to satisfy their nicotine urge.
Not all brands are equal and the nicotine concentration varies from company to company. The fact is that most brands target regular ex-smokers that are perfectly fine with a nicotine strength of 2.4% or a maximum of 3.6%. The amount of nicotine in an electronic cigarette is measured by how many milligrams of the alkaloid substance are present in a milliliter of ecig juice. All companies will tell you how many milligrams of nicotine are in their products (by mg or percent), but this doesn’t translate to something quantifiable in the case of most people.
For example, 24 milligrams of nicotine really means that your product contains 2.4 % nicotine by volume, using a 1ml cartridge as a baseline. However, your body doesn’t absorb the whole amount of nicotine upon inhalation. This depends on many other factors, including how often you vape and whether you take deep or shallow puffs. This is why it is crucial to try out more than one level of nicotine strength when you decide to make the switch to e-cigarettes in order to find exactly the amount you were used to and feel comfortable with.
The nicotine strengths are usually ranging from 0 to 3.6mg with most brands but there are some exceptions like ‘Whitecloud ecigarettes’ that offer as high as 5.4mg with their “Double extra” variety.
Therefore, let’s get the facts correctly:
- 0mg or Nicotine Free is the excellent choice for casual smokers or for those that are not addicted to the nicotine but rather to the delicious flavors or still have the oral fixation after quitting smoking for good;
- 0.8 – 1.6mg or Lights is ideal for moderate smokers, that are used to purchasing one pack or less of cigarettes every week;
- 2.4mg or Full Strength is the best choice for people who smoke close to one pack of cigs each day;
- 3.6mg or Extra Strength is destined to smokers that are used to as much as two packs per day;
- Over 3.6mg (like Whitecloud’s Double extra) are for the heaviest of smokers who go through 2 1/2 or more packs per day;
Most companies that sell cig-a-likes will offer their nicotine strengths as high as 2.4mg while most e-liquid vendors will offer no more than 3.6mg, but you do have the choice of adding extra shots of nicotine with some brands.
So if you are in the need for a very high nicotine fix, then the Whitecloud ‘Double Extra’ versions might just be the right choice for you.